Eat Yo Takoyaki Foo!
Mmmm, Takoyaki!
Today I went to have dinner at My friend Megumi`s houseļ¼This was my first time to join a Japanese family, and I think that I have found the friendliest family in all of Japan!
Megumi`s older sister, Ai, is majoring in psychology with an emphasis in gender studies at MWU and studied abroad in Great Britain and South Africa, so she`s got impeccable English! It was great to communicate with another person on both advanced linguistic and intellectual levels.
I brought fresh French rolls and we had a make-shift strawberry short cake dessert. Oh, this is the life!
I miss you Grammy! Even though Megumi`s grandmother didn`t speak a word of English, I felt like I was spending the night with you. Her matronly disposition, her aged and mature mannerisms, and her beautiful unabashed laugh - all made me fondly think about you. (MOM - maybe you can call Grammy up and read that last part to her, since she isn`t plugged in.)
Megumi is so kind and sweet, she has already invited to me spend golden week with her!
Here is to good food, friends and family!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home