Fresh off the plane
It is 8 AM in nickname and I am completely moved into my dormitory. Sadly, I don:t have a roommate but maybe that will prove to be a relief later on. I was a little disappointed at first, but then I realized how relieved I was when I could shut the door at the end of the night and stop adjusting to a foreign environment for just one moment. Don,t get me wrong, it is very good to be here, it just gets tiring trying to communicate after a full and exciting day like yesterday.
My flight was wonderful, though I was so excited that I diadem`t sleep for any of the 12 hours from San Fran to Osaka. Miss Satan and Professor Marianne both came to pick me up at the airport, and were very generous in their hospitality. Everyone here is extraordinarily generous.
I don`t even know where to begin! Everything is so different! Probably the funniest difference is the `size issue.` Now, I am not a big woman, but I feel like a giant here. The bathroom sinks for example, come to about halfway between my knee and hip. The toilets are about four or five inches closer to the ground. My bed is about 12 inches off the ground. These are all subtle differences, but when simultaneously encountered - I am left feeling like the 50 foot woman.
I have never been so excited in my life. I am really happy to be here. I am going to go eat breakfast now, Much love to everyone.


1 Comments:
who is exupery? I would like to know if you are an old friend or a new friend!
Post a Comment
<< Home