Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

kara`MO`ke

Today I had my first karaoke experience.
Professor Maruyama actually invited his entire seminar class to join him in a round of music at the local karaoke club. No sake, just coffee and coca-cola, but watching my forty-something Japanese instructor in a full business suit belting out power ballads front the 80`s in Janglish was intoxicating enough!
I picked up the mike myself, but I am quite possibly the worst singer to ever enter Japan, they may actually take away my passport for the way I was singing today...
Kanako, quite possibly one of the coolest people on earth hit every note in Mariah Carey`s `Always be my baby` in ENGLISH! OK, I`m completely impressed! We spent hours talking today about everything from boys, to sociology. She has invited me to homestay and we bought tickets to see a modern dance recital later this month. I have a feeling that the two of us will become very good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home