Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

HOLD UP! You mean, if I learn Japanese well enough, I can actually use it for useful thigs like - ordering PIZZA?!?


Here is Shiona, that brave Amazonain, using her Nihongo flawlessly (choto... hehe!) to order us PIZZA HUT! Yeah! Never in my life did I think Pizza-Butt would taste soooo good!

We watched "Ghost World" a really funky little coming-of-age flick about some girls in awkward situations... then we discussed the finer points of being a young American woman in Japan (speaking of awkward situations!) It was really nice to RELATE with someone about this whole lifestyle. We laughed so HARD! *Thank you, I needed that.*

She's been here 10 months already, can you believe it? But her Japanese is jousu desu, and she's got the culture down pat, so she may be a "lifer." I mean, she can order Pizza in Japanese, I think that is half the citizenship test right there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home