Baseball in Japan

The wave is simply too much fun, therefore it is strictly prohibited.
To celebrate my Birthday, Jun and Mickey from IEO took me to see a Hanshin Tigers Baseball Game. Tigers fans are famous all throughout Japan for being the rowdiest crew out there. In fact, the city of Oskaka has to dredge the river if a big Tigers game is coming up… excited fans have often been known to drunkenly leap from the Dotonborri bridge and swarm the fowl inner-city stream. I have been wanting to see this madness first-hand the entire time I've been here. My dormitory is several miles away, but on game day I can always clearly hear "Fight! Tigers! Fight!" echoing across Nishinomiya.


3 Comments:
Why the would they not let you do waves?
Do they cause seizures?
Did someone die once?
That could be a touchy subject actually.
Mo,
The baseball game would have been so cool to see and all those "crazy" shaped balloons would have been awesome. I am so glad you had a kick-ass birthday!! Hope you bring the party home with ya!!
Stay free, free, free girl
Always,
April
Holy shit. No wave.
Then again, I really think they have a point. The wave was cool 20 years ago. Now it just pisses me off. Remind me again, I have to stand up and scream now, why?
The funniest part about the wave now is that it is almost never successful. It used to be so new and fun but these days it's like the Macarena or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home