Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

strap a pack to your back, we're going to europe!

Confirmed this week -
WE ARE GOING TO EUROPE!!!

I have officially requested
Sept 10- Oct 9th. That's just 4 weeks!
Trail is getting his passport...

We should have our tickets bought by the end of the week...

Lonely Planet, Rick Steves, and friends with travel advice shall guide us...

As of today we are still debating about about which countries and cities we want to visit most, but no matter what, we intend to travel in a loop arriving and departing from London. This is our first-draft-brainstorming-plan.

We think we will:
Arrive in
London - Get settled and get culture, but real easy-like cause it's in English.
then

Visit
Ireland for a weekend - April is moving there and we can stay free with locals, kiss the blarney stone, and worship me as royalty at Driscoll castle.
then

France
- For romance and 3-5 days.
then
Spain (?)
- We can't decide if this is one of those countries that will hit the chopping block so that we can have country QUALITY instead of QUANTITY. Trail is rooting for Spain more than Mo.
then

Italy for sure - To be the highlight of the trip! We will settle here mid-trip and relax our tired bones on the Mediterranean. Trail may have a spot for us to crash for *free*.
then
Greece (?)-
Again, can't decide if country this will get nixed or not. Mo is rooting for Greece more than Trail.
then

Germany
- The joy of Oktoberfest (perfect timing!!!) and the solemn observation of holocaust memorials.
then

The Netherlands
- "What happens in Amsterdam, stays in Amsterdam."
then

London - We sleep, put our heads back together, and then fly away. :(
then

Shelton
- Where everybody knows your name.
Please feel free to leave travel advice, stories, etc. We would love to hear from you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad said...

I really wanna go too. But I might cramp your style. Although this isn't a honeymoon is it?
Here is free advice, worth every nickel you paid for it.
Start learning the necessary languages now. French, Spanish, Italian German and Greek. Big job, but telling. The language you hate learning will be the country you skip. EZ, SqueZ.
Dad

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Howdy! This is kinda random, but this is John (from way back in the day :) ). I was switching e-mail accounts and reading old saved letters when I came across the one linking to your blog! Well, I couldn't resist clicking and checking out what Mo's been up to. Just wanted to say that it's awesome you're coming out to Europe and too wish you the best of travels!

Don't know if you still check this thing, but I thought I'd drop you a line and let you know that if you want any advice on the ol' Europe you can hit me up! I've been living in Germany, 'bout an hour South of Munchen, for a year now and I'm pretty much a wealth of info, haha just kidding ;-).

It'd be nice to hear from ya as it's been ages, but if ya don't get this maybe I'll bump into you at O-Fest (I'll be the drunk in the Leder Hosen... that should narrow it down...)! Take care Maureen!

P.S. My e-mail is now jtshultzy@gmail.com

Ciao fer now!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home