Picture Time & Pepper Squid!
Ok folks!
Ask and ye shall receive! I just posted a whole slew of picture, I hope you enjoy these. I also hope you understand the overwhelmingly fantastic pace at which I have been living this wonderful journey at! I took all of these pictures in 48 hours, and they hardly capture even half of my activities!
I know sere-san will be happy to hear I finally got my bike. Different than western bike, huh? I`m still a little wobbly, but maybe in time I too will be able to claim that I can `ride my bike, holding an umbrella, drinking my coffee, carrying all of my books, in heels!` I only hope that I can live up to such high accomplishments.
Today was great, so many exciting things! I finally called home! Sorry about calling so late Pops! I`ll try again soon at a more reasonable time.
Despite all of the exciting activities I sought out today, perhaps the best part of the day was late this evening. Five dormitory girls surprised me in my room with an impromptu tea party. They brought dried baby squid covered in hot peppers to snack on. Not exactly the popcorn and gummy bears of an American dorm room, but when in Rome - right? They actually were delicious. We shared tea, I told stories about my favorite American painters, and I read in Japanese from the `romance and sex` section of the travel guide Mom gave me before I left. Hahaha! Saon na a hona! サぉ奈ぁ穂奈!
Cheers! Here is to the new experiences and beautiful people an adventurous life can bring you! And don`t forget the dehydrated chili pepper baby squid!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home