Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Sunday, May 01, 2005


I ate Chicken gizzard. We ate at a traditional Japanese steak house (not exactly "The Keg"). The table has a giant barbeque in the middle and the servers bring out raw meat. Aki's mother happily grilled away and generously heaped food in front of me; I just as happily accepted. After consuming a chewy but delicious piece of meat, Aki's father asked me if I knew what I had just eaten. Wanting to be polite I answered "something delicious!" But they continued on smiling and asking me. "Pork, maybe? Beef?" I didn't understand the game we were playing. Aki pulled out her handy translator dictionary and read "gie-zaerd?" Taking the dictionary into my hand I read (a little loud) "Gizzard?!? I just ate chicken gizzard!" Enormous laughter. I smiled, and joined in with the laughs. It tasted great, though I didn't have any more gizzard that evening. I'm actually really glad I ate chicken gizzard - you've got to try everything once, right? Oishi!
 Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a barbeque in the middle of my kitchen table. That will teach the cats to stay off the table during dinner..

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home