Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"stop blogging"

I understand how you must be feeling... abandoned? Forgotten? Out of style?
Yes, I am guilty of "stop-blogging". The horrible syndrome of mundane/ hectic/ too personal daily life that leads a once-daily-writer, to a once-a-month "by the way..two months ago I... I probably should mention..." writer who no longer tells stories, but instead reports old news. Not at all the purpose of the blog.
But my life has just gotten too.. simple? I go to work, party on the days off, love my man, feel ready for change often but still too comfortable to get up and move... Life is, more simple this year than last. I don't feel like I NEED to writer as I once did. There is less angst, less hype, less emotional moments requiring outlet. Now I feel like I NEED to just GO and LIVE. So I do, and I don't write so much. Not to mention, there is so much of I my job that I cannot LEGALLY share; so much of my relationship that I (in all due respect) shouldn't share; and so much that is constantly happening - how could I share it all? Also, if I thought that college had a lot of writing - I know now that the "real world" has much more exhausting filler-type-writing. Documentation, blah blah blah!
I do miss you though, and the more I put these thoughts out, I understand again why I started this in the first place. Love, stay by me and I will share with you all I have, as I have it. Thanks you, my writing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Alison and I still check on you every once in a while. She said "kitty" upon seeing the picture.

By the way, we will be in Washington May 12-22. However, we will not be doing a lot of traveling this time, so if you want to see us you may have to make the trek to Kingston. We hope to see Dad and Betsy while we are there too, but our time overlaps with some of the time they will be in Colorado, so who knows. Anyway, it would be great to see you.

Love Irene and Alison

10:55 AM  
Blogger My path said...

I forgive you, Mo. and completely understand where you're coming from. if we use art as catharsis, there is definately going to be downtime when we feel just fine (great even) when we need to just be..... By the way, congrats on your future journey to Europa and i am SO looking forward to the stories you collect and tell. Peace to you,
Cholee

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home