Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

...and the train home.


Posted by Hello
The Japanese word of the day is...
Henti - The literal translation for this word is 'man on the train' But the actual meaning is 'a pervert-creep who cops a feel on the sardine-packed train during rush hour.'
I haven't has the displeasure of needing this word yet, but my vocabulary (along with my voice and my fists) have been adequately prepared.
I guess casual molestation is such an issue on the Japanese trains, women have their own special boarding zone for rush hour, the time when 'misplaced hands' are in the highest population. Mostly it makes me laugh, but maybe that's just because I haven't needed to use my new word yet. My Lady friends... if you find yourself on a Japanese train at rush hour any time soon... remember to look for your boarding zone - and remember 'henti.'
(these are the words you would never learned it you took a Japanese language class in America, thank goodness for study abroad! I'm sure this is exactly the education the saint had in mind.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home