
Happy Aki-chan and playful Momo-chan! Later that evening we spent hours 'girl talking' late into the evening. Aki went to school at Eastern Washington University, reads English novels, watches American movies, and has many bilingual friends. Hanging out in her room made me feel like I could have been back in the US in any dorm room or at any sleep over. She is such a mature yet playful woman, simply chillin out in the dim light of her bedroom and talking until the wee hours of the night was one of the best times I've had in Japan. No matter what exotic location I may find myself in, itfs the simple beauty of honest people and personal communication that fill my heart.


2 Comments:
Nozomi -
If you miss BBQ, I say we have a barbeque upon your arrival. Would your parents be able to host one? Do you have a friend on this end with BBQ stuff you could contact? Let me know if you seriously want to have a coming home party, and if I can help you plan it in any way!
Momo
mom, it's funny that you say i look good here. aki and i were being such princesses, we made her dad re-take this one shot like fifteen times. it got to be a joke. my camera battery died. thank goodness i looked good in one out of six thousand pictures, right!
Post a Comment
<< Home