Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

where you wanna be

Last night was all about "where I want to be.."

I drove up to the UW Tacoma campus for a sneak peak of their MSW program (see a few blogs back for details) and had the earthshaking realization that - I actually want to apply for grad school.

Do I feel dizzy and nauseous because my mind is spinning in excitement from the prospects of this program? Or are is that sensation the terror that naturally accompanies most major life decisions?

All of this is happening so fast... and I'm feeling intimidated by the commitment... and the "adulthood" of it all... not to mention that tuition alone is about $30,000.
But I also know that this is a good decision for me. This study program would enable me to stay in the Oly-community I love, work full time, possibly receive a tuition remission and book scholarship, and seriously begin my career.
This may just be the place I want be...?
I've got exactly 3 weeks to complete my application (a waaay long process that I just have to buckle down and accomplish already) and I should know whether or not I'm accepted before I graduate from the Saint.

After the grad school meeting I drove just a few miles across Tacoma to a swanky jazz bar, Jazzbones, to see THE BEST High Ceiling performance!
This was, undoubtedly, just where I wanted to be.
The music was great, and watching Trail play live makes me fall for him all over again. I'm such a sucker for the creative spirit (it is possible this is an inherited trait).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home