I couldn't believe how much fun I had with them. It made me want to go back again so soon. But parting - sweet sorrow. And those are too big of words for a young girl to understand. Just like the drawn-out explanations I try to give as to why I can only visit so infrequently, and why I can never stay as long as they wish I would. When I was their age
it was me crying about the pain I felt, not understanding why I couldn't have all of my father's attention all of the time, not understanding why he had to leave me and go live 3 states away. Now I am the adult, trying to comfort these beautiful children... trying to explain to them way after only 3 short days I always have to "go home" and that doesn't mean their home. Ouch... each trip is an intense combination of great loving moments and little heartbreakes.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home