Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Friday, September 09, 2005

the MO is back in town!

It's been over a month since my last post (sorry to my dedicated fans!) But I have been awfully busy piecing my life back together since returning to America. Here is a quick rundown of life back in the states.
1 - The flight home - It took 26 hours, 2 taxi's, 1 train ride, 1 subway ride, 2 flights, 3 airports, and 4 cups of coffee to get me from Dotonborri Street to my parent's house in Bothell (look for THAT one on a map of the world!) I didn't sleep more than 20 minutes the entire time, but I did meet a really cool English professor on the flight home, so I had someone cool to talk lit with.
2 - Camp - I HAD to, just HAD to go visit Camp Colman. Before taking care of any of the immediately necessary responsibilities (like food, money, transportation) I went to camp and played like the child-at-heart that I am. I stayed 2 nights, complete with 2 spectacular Northwest sunsets - how I missed them! My stay was short, I had just enough time to get dirt between my toes and the smell of wood smoke in my hair.
3 - Get a JOB, APARTMENT, & CAR - Check, check, check. In just a little over a week I accomplished what all my critics had scoffed at as being impossible. I am now a waitress at Brewery City Pizza on Oly's west side, I live in downtown (just off State near Puget - the location is oh, so, enviable and prime!) and I am driving a sweet-ass, hold-your-horses, pimp-a-licious, Fire-red, two door, Olds Cutlass Supreme LX, 1996. Baby had less than 60,000 miles and I got her for 3,300 out the door. Oh, it is so sweet. My uncle Barry helped me find it and I may just owe him my first born child, I am that grateful.
4 - Lead the Japanese students - Orientation came and went in a one week blur. For the third year in a row I was the international students orientation leader and we all had a blast. Pictures to come soon.
Well, I actually have to scamper off to class now... but the Mo is back, the blog is back, and (per usual) I just can't stop smilin.
Love,
Your Momo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back in action! Now I will be able to read about Mo's Journey through Redneck Redwoods... haha. (yeah, I know where redwoods come from, I just needed something to rhyme). Anyway, keep us updated!!!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad Mo's Journey is back!!!!
It seems you are really busy, but really excited to be back in WA at the same time.
I've already experienced the long flight a few times this year!!
It's tiring, but also exciting to go to a new place and meet nice people on the plane. I always enjoy it.
Also I'm glad your parents enjoyed their stay in Japan.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again either in WA or in Osaka!
Love,
Mami

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mo,

Thank you for the card. I wish we were here, there, somewhere? when you left. We loved the big, sweet Wa, and filled our lungs with precious O2.

I look forward to reading your blog and hearing about your re-entry shock!

By the way, you owe me a trip to Costco when we return to Washington without wheels!

Christopher

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home