Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

you can't fire me - i quit!

Actually it wasn't as dramatic as the title (above) makes out... but I quit working at Brewery City Pizza last week. I liked the people I worked with, but the commute was long, the hours were few, and the tips were almost non-existent. So I traded up last week to the bee's - and now I wear corporate flare - something that the highly reliable resources of, the movie "Office Space" and Jennifer Anniston, taught me were evil.
But I have rent due, and if it takes a dozen or so shifts of polo-shirt-and-colorful-pins-fabulousness to remain an independent young woman, then "allow me to show you to your table, ma'am."
Either way, it's just a few dollars an hour for dishing out cheesy bread and cheesier smiles. But at the bee's, it's a lot more dollars per hour, so I suppose that makes me happy.
Just for the fun of it, I gave myself a concussion on my last day of work at BCP. Slipped and knocked my head on a steel shelf - great. Told everyone there, "Suppose I had to go out with a 'bang!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home