long-distance family

It is highly possible that my family has forgotten who I am, and the blame falls entirely on myself. See, since returning from Japan I have not gone to visit any family that live outside Washington - including my *very special, very first, niece* admittedly, my brother and his wife decided to live in Wisconsin, so in a very small way it can't be helped, but really it's just my own fault. The baby, Ally, was born in April (making her more than 5 months old) and I still haven't met her. I really, really, really do want to be a good aunt. Road trip; it's going to happen, oh yes.

Then there are my sisters, Kyleigh (8) and Molly (4) Yes, I have met them (I'm no that big a slacker) but it's been nine months since I've seen them last. Considering the fact that kids at their age grow approximately 14 inches a month, they have inevitably doubled in size since I last saw them.

Not to mention, all of my extended family. Dad, aunt Cathy, aunt Dannette, aunt Sue, uncle Bob. I really want to see all of them some time before I invite them to my graduation. Sheesh, I seriously need to take a road trip already.


2 Comments:
That's okay, road trips are usually two out of the following three things:
1) a pain in the ass
2) a lot of fun
3) somewhat expensive and/or time consuming
So if you do road trip it, you're certainly welcome to come here. But if not, that's fine too. Plus we plan to visit the Northwest some time in April, so at the very least, maybe we will see you then!
note the house number in the back of the photograph. Wheras in Seattle and Oly we have house numbers like, "10615" or "1101" or "14241" - In Montana they actually have house numbers like, "3" Big city - woo hoo.
Post a Comment
<< Home