Mo's Journey

I was lost and left to find myself - this is the note I left behind for anyone who comes a lookin for me.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

If wishes were fishes...

Monika, Mom, and the Study-Abroad-Studs have generously asked me to make a wish list of items for a care package.
Honestly, I don't really know what to say because so many of the things I want are either intangible (hugging my dog) or intransportable (cold stone ice cream). So here is my best attempt:
It's the little things...
(Please, please, please don't feel obligated to get all of this stuff - only a few items that you can handily find)
Peanut Butter - Skippy super chunk
Tollhouse chocolate chips
Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars
A Sunday edition Seattle Times (maybe minus the ads, that's half the bulk of it!)
St. Ives vanilla bean body wash
Dep shape sculpting hair gel (it's way cheap, but my curls love it!)
Gummy Bears
Orbitz gum
Noxema sensative skin facewash (in the blue tub)
***Burn me (don't buy!) me CD's! I'll take ANYTHING, rock, indy, punk, rap, hip hop, soul, folk, classical, jazz - you name! I've listened to all of my music a hundred times over and I can't get any radio stations in Nishinomiya. Lately I've been unwinding with my Nora Jones, Erika Badu and Indigo Girls, so maybe something of that flavor? But strangely, I've been craving Usher lately too... Who knows! I'll take anything! Angie, girlfriend, I know you've got the best taste in music!***

Higher end -
(these items are more so a request for Mom or other such family, the students should spend what little money they have on their own trip - not my silly indulgences)
Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar body cream
Dark chocolate
Some of my psych textbooks from the cardboard boxes in the basement (maybe you could email a title list and I'll let you know which ones I need)

Don't worry about bringing coffee - there is no coffee machine, so I am just going to learn to love my 'Blendy!' Who needs to be a coffee snob anyway? Leave that to the DeLay men!

Actually, the only thing I really want is the pleasure of sharing company with good friends and familiar faces. Monika, you rock my world - no matter where in the world I am!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee Snob? DeLay men?

Wow. Okay, maybe I am a coffee snob. But my dad will drink anything.

HOWEVER

I know there are Starbucks stores there (5 in Osaka, 1 in Hyogo), so don't tell me there is no coffee in Japan! You just have to be hardcore like me to go and find it! Screw BLENDY!

If I burned you CDs, where would I send them?

11:49 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Porkbone - I guess you and I just differ in our opinions as to what is 'decent' I personally consider Charbucks an indecent offense to my senses... but it'll do in a pinch. I had SBC today in Umeda with Aki - I just kept thinking, how did Seattle's Best Coffee get to Umeda train station in Japan? But it was there, and it filled my need.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

ps
my address was posted about a month ago - look for the picture of the monkey at a typewriter. However, that was the bad address, so after you find Bobo, scroll up an entry or two for the real address.
I would kiss your face (hmm, in a sister-y way of course) if you sent me fresh music. I have always loved your music tastes, you seem to always find music that 'fits.' ya know? Thanks porkbne!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I guess you and I just differ in our opinions as to what is 'decent' I personally consider Charbucks an indecent offense to my senses..."

AHA! Who is the coffee snob?

Yeah I don't go to Shitbucks either. But if that's all you've got, then GO! Honestly I have only been in Shitbucks three times in the past 10 years (all 3 times when we were in Chicago and didn't know where else to go).

I will send music. I only have about 1600 CDs (don't ask if I "bought" them all) so I will have to pick and choose wisely.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New school / Old school alert:

Wait - do you want MP3s or Audio CDs, or both?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Audio CD's. I have a patchwork quilt of community computers that I plug in to use all over Nishinomia, but no pc of my own to download cool music or things on... so it's just me and by old-fashioned cd's!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank your 1600 cd's!
Peace,
Momo

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home